This Masterclass provided:
- An overview of the social policy context that supports engagement with young people aged 12 to 25 years old
- A popular model of participation
- An understanding of youth development and what gets in the way of meaningful engagement
- Strategies for implementing best practice youth engagement
- A young persons perspective with an insightful presentation by 19 year old Aimee Rose (2016)
Previous sessions of this Masterclass include:
- Wed, 28 June 2017
- Wednesday, 18 May 2016
The Youth Affairs Council of South Australia (YACSA) is the peak body representing young people (aged 12 – 25 years), as well as organisations and networks throughout the non-government youth sector since 1980.
YACSA has extensive experience in youth participation and engagement and is committed to ensuring conditions exist for young people to contribute in meaningful ways to civil, social, cultural, economic and political life.