Engagement Level Selection Tool
The following table represents an interactive tool for assessing community and stakeholder expectations to determine appropriate levels of engagement for your initiative. You can use this tool to assess the:
- potential community impact;
- political sensitivity; and
- most importantly the level of influence the community has in the decision being made.
These aspects will help identify the IAP2 level of engagement that may be appropriate for your initiative, which are:
- Inform - we will keep you informed
- Consult - we will listen to and acknowledge your concerns and aspirations and provide feedback on how public input influenced the decision
- Involve - we will work with you to ensure your concerns and aspirations are directly reflected in the alternatives/proposals developed
- Collaborate - we will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations to the maximum extent possible
- Empower - we will implement what you decide
This tool can also help identify varying levels of engagement for different stakeholder groups and communities.
|Degree of project complexity||
|Potential Community Impact||
|Can communities of interest influence the decision?||
Tick yes, if the community and/or stakeholders can influence the decision making process (either for the whole project or part of it).
Tick no, if the decision has already been made.
|Your recommended level of engagement||
|Please complete all questions|